When students require purely educational testing for an academic concern, many families understandably choose to utilize the free services available through their local public school districts. However, there are many circumstances under which it is appropriate or even necessary to obtain private psychological or psychoeducational testing. These circumstances can include:
- Choosing to obtain psychological, psychoeducational or competency testing for an adult
- Preferring a private office setting with confidential results
- Desiring testing for possible Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Wanting testing for emotional functioning, including depression and/or anxiety
- Electing to get a second opinion
- Having been declined for testing services through the public district
- Wishing to acquire psychological testing as an aid for progress in counseling/therapy
- Wanting to account for continuing difficulties, when previous testing did not determine the cause of the problems
West County Psychological Associates offers high-quality, private psychological and psychoeducational testing at our therapy offices. Wait times are usually brief and reports are available soon following the test date(s). When a minor is tested, parents can choose whether or not to give permission for our evaluator to send a copy of the report to the school or the child’s doctor or counselor.
Many families in our community choose to utilize high-quality, private testing services. If you would like to learn more about this option, please feel free to contact Amy Maus at our office (314) 275-8599.