A group therapy opportunity for area private high school young women. This group will offer a safe and confidential place for young women to build resilience and self-empowerment.
At: West County Psychological Associates 12125 Woodcrest Executive Drive, Suite 110 St. Louis
Time: Tuesday evenings beginning October 6 through November 10, from 6:30-8:00 pm
Fees: Cost for all 6 sessions plus initial assessment, including materials: $360
Topics Covered Include:
- Self-care for emotional regulation and stress reduction
- Empowered decision making by challenging negative thought patterns
- Challenge mixed messages about self-worth and the societal role of women
- Development of individual moral and ethical sense
- Peer support and social skills
- Mindfulness practice
Who is an appropriate referral for this group? A young woman attending a private high school in the St. Louis area who has been identified by her counselor or teacher as a student at risk for, or currently dealing with, anxiety and depression, difficulty finding her place and fitting in, handling stress, or at risk for substance abuse or other maladaptive coping skills.
For information and referral, please call Kristen at 314-275-8599.