Addiction is recognized as the number one psychological problem facing our society. At West County Psychological Associates we treat individuals, families and systems that have been affected by the use of drugs and alcohol. Our comprehensive approach utilizes a systems perspective to diagnose and treat addiction in adults and adolescents, as well as to provide consultative services to schools, businesses and other organizations coping with substance-related issues.
- In-office clinical assessment for both adults and adolescents
- Individual, family, and group treatment available
- Consultation for school, business, and organization leaders regarding difficult cases and/or policy development
- At-risk groups within school settings
- Regular communication with schools in regard to their students receiving treatment at WCPA, with parental permission
- Presentations to schools or businesses in regard to addiction issues
- Other Addictions: internet pornography, technology, gambling & gaming
Anyone facing the crippling issue of addiction should be aware that this problem does not go away on its own. It is important for substance abusers and the people who care about them to know that there are professionals who can help. Anyone with substance abuse-related concerns may contact WCPA at (314) 275-8599 and ask to speak to a substance abuse therapist.
Substance Abuse Quiz
- Do you lose time from school or work due to drinking or using drugs?
- Do you drink/drug to build up your self-confidence?
- Do you drink/drug alone?
- Is drinking/drugging affecting your reputation?
- Do you drink/drug to escape from your work, study or home worries?
- Do you feel guilty after drinking/drugging?
- Does it bother you if somebody says that maybe you drink too much or you shouldn’t be drugging?
- Do you have to take a drink/drug when you go on a date?
- Do you function better (in general) when you have a drink/drug?
- Do you get into financial troubles over buying alcohol or other drugs?
- Do you feel a sense of power when you drink/drug?
- Have you lost friends since you started drinking/drugging?
- Have you started hanging out with a crowd where drugs or alcohol is easy to get?
- Do your friends drink/drug LESS than you do?
- Do you drink/drug until the bottle or supply is gone?
- Have you ever had a loss of memory from drinking/drugging?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or been arrested due to drinking/drugging?
- Do you tune out lectures or studies about drinking/drugging?
- Do you THINK you have a problem with alcohol or other drugs?
If You Answered Yes to Any of the Above Questions
One question: you may have an alcohol or drug problem
Two questions: chances are you do have an alcohol or drug problem
Three or more questions: you definitely have an alcohol or drug problem
If you identify any of these behaviors in yourself or someone you care about, an evaluation from a qualified professional is strongly indicated. Professionals from West County Psychological Associates can be reached at (314) 275-8599.