Support Services for Faith Communities
Our Comprehensive Support Services for Faith Communities was developed to create a collaborative approach between the clergy, the church community, and their faith. We offer the following services, which can be customized by the topic and length of time. Services may be provided for one hour, a full day or on a monthly basis, depending on the needs of your faith community.
- Mental health counseling for individuals and families that respect the spiritual beliefs of the client.
- Beyond Baptism, a series of parenting presentations designed to help parents with issues that may arise during early child development.
- Case consultation services for faith leaders to assist them with determining the most appropriate interventions.
- Presentations and in-services for faith groups and spiritual leaders which include enhancing communication skills, setting boundaries with adults and children, and how to help individuals with mental illnesses.
- Retreats for any faith group; mothers and daughters, fathers and sons; couples and youth. All retreats have the option for a spiritual leader to provide a faith service or devotion.
- Skill building groups for women, men, youth and parents. Topics include coping with stress, grief support, creating healthy boundaries, bullying, managing your marriage, how children change the couple, and parent survival skills.
Group Retreat Speakers
WCPA therapists can lead or provide speakers for different types of group retreats. The length of presentations can be modified to accommodate a half day, full day or weekend get away experience. Plans can include lectures, group discussions, panel discussions, role-plays or small group breakouts. If not leading the entire retreat, WCPA therapists work in collaboration with group leaders throughout the process to ensure an enjoyable and memorable learning experience.
Examples of group retreats appropriate for WCPA speakers include:
- Mothers and daughters
- Fathers and sons
- Company/Organization staff
- Single parents
- Those experiencing grief or loss