30 Hours of Comprehensive Training:
Monday, June 10th ~ Friday, June 14th, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily
At times today, the world seems to be spinning out of control. Many of us find ourselves struggling to cope with feeling overwhelmed and worried by how to respond to all the changes. No doubt, schools are forced to cope, too. Our students are coming to school more anxious, dependent, entitled, and depressed. Suicide rates are climbing rapidly, even preschoolers come to school traumatized and anxious, and ever more students simply refuse to come to school at all.
Today, more than ever, teaching is not for the weak. It’s critical that our teachers and school professionals have a means to receive collegial support, brainstorm solutions, and assure follow-through for the most high-risk students. Of course, any program that takes time and resources must be highly effective. To that end, training and support is available to make sure that your school’s Care Team is creating a real difference for your students and staff alike.
Care Team 2.0 Training Topics Include:
- Attachment, the core of all relationships, and its application in the school
- Student mental health, including anxiety, ADHD, self-harm, suicide prevention and others
- Vaping and today’s substance use crisis
- The effects of today’s technology on our students’ mental health, relationships and behavior
- Dealing with difficult parents
- Motivating the unmotivated student
- Strategies, habits, and ethics that create a healthy and effective team
- Finding solutions when the team feels stuck
Who Should Attend: Whether you are considering how to start or restart your school’s team, wish to revitalize a struggling team, or just need some fresh ideas for your team that is already successful, you are welcome. All Care Team members and education professionals are encouraged to attend.
Cost: $450 per attendee Title II funds may apply. Continuing Education certificate provided.
Date and time: June 10 – 14, 2019 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. daily. Lunch 12:00 – 1:00 on your own.
Location: West County Psychological Associates 12125 Woodcrest Executive Drive St. Louis, MO Suite 120
REGISTRATION: Payment is expected at time of registration. Questions or concerns? Call WCPA at (314) 275-8599. Register Today – Space is Limited.
* This training is also available for school groups at your site. Call for information.